Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

31 weeks


How Far Along? 31w4d


Total Weight Gained/Loss? I'm probably close or a little over the 30 lb mark! I think I'm on track lately of gaining a pound/week, however, all the goodies at Thanksgiving didn't help!
Maternity Clothes: Yup--except for my lounge/sweats. For my maternity clothes, my pants keep falling down, I think now that my waist is gone and my butt is bigger, they have a tendency to slip down. Over Thanksgiving in Phoenix, I had a great time wearing all of A's maternity clothes (since they were more summer-y, perfect for Phoenix's 7-80 degrees weather, but not good for Chicago winters!)

Sleep: Varies. I'm sick again, so if going to the bathroom or LO kicking/hiccuping doesn't wake me up, my sore throat sure does. I'm sleeping about 5-6 hours a night now and getting up 1-2x. I try to take a nap in the afternoon, but more often than not, doesn't happen.

Best Moment of the Week: (More like the past few months) J has been treating me like a queen and loves me being pregnant. I think that now that I'm bigger, it's more noticeable and he's so excited!

Movement: Oh yeah--no more light kicking. Now, I get the occasional jabs, but more often, I feel (s)he move around since (s)he is getting bigger and less room in there, so I sure feel it! The u/s showed us that the head was down, but I have a permanent lump on my right side (which I think is it's butt) and head more toward the left of my bb or down. This is confirmed by the hiccups I feel (which are a lot!!!!). My mom says that I had hiccups a lot too in utero, I wonder if it's hereditary? (S)he hiccups several times during the day and a few different times at night. Weirdest feeling!

Food Craving: I'm not having the typical "pregnancy" cravings--I kinda wish I was to test to see if J would go out at random hours to get what I want. I crave a lot of milk and fruit though, very summary/cool foods. Nothing too heavy for me. However, I still am very suggestive. Any commercial or mention gets me thinking/wanting that food. Case in point, D asked if I was craving anything and mentioned a story of her friend who wanted a chocolate donut in the middle of the night, and all I could think about was donuts...mmmm...jelly filled donuts. Dang it--now I want one of those!

Food aversions: Nothing that I can really think of, but sometimes random smells get to me--like jerky.

Morning sickness: Nope (crossing fingers)

Labor Signs: No. Not even any braxton hicks. (good!)

Belly Button: The top is starting to poke out even more and is a bit noticeable through my tighter clothes

Stretch Marks: none (whispered with fingers crossed)

Wedding rings: still on, but getting tighter and am getting more scared to wear them.

Swelling: Nothing that I can notice. I'm sure the wintertime helps.

Exercise: I got the green light to exercise, so I walked a bit when I was in Phoenix. However, now that I have a cold again, I"m waiting until I'm better to try formal exercise. At the 3rd trim, any sort of movement gets me a bit out of breath (running around the house, going up and down stairs, unpacking the Christmas decorations).

What I miss: Not being able to lean over comfortably and put on my shoes easily.

What I'm looking forward to: My shower in 1.5 weeks. Also, I'm kinda looking forward to the birth classes this weekend (with much apprehension).

Weekly Wisdom: I'm trying to milk this pregnancy as much as I can since it's going so fast!!!

Milestones: I'm down to the single digit weeks left! Where as the time gone??

Size: This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.




Like I said earlier, we have our birth classes this weekend (all weekend). I'm getting more and more scared of the birth and it's the only thing tainting the pregnancy now. (Plus the fact that I'm starting to freak out with how much I have to do in the next few weeks: find daycare, interview pediatricians, paint the nursery, put together the crib, clean out the closet, get the birth bag ready, prebuy stuff for the baby so we're ready when (s)he comes home, plus all the stuff at work to tie up--uff da!)


Here's some u/s pics:

I think (s)he has my nose and forehead (or fivehead--sorry baby!). J's mom thinks (s)he looks like J as a baby.





Also, here's me over Thanksgiving, one day shy of 30 w (when did I get so bloated/fat??):



No comments:

counter