Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

35 weeks

How Far Along? 35w4d
Total Weight Gained/Loss? I've gained about 35 lbs. I'm seeing it more in my face, but I still have a waist--the baby is all out front. Looking at me from the front isn't as noticeable, but from the side, ...hello baby! I'm starting to also notice more swelling in my feet and hands--kind of uncomfortable.
Maternity Clothes: Yup--except for my lounge/sweats. For my maternity clothes, my pants still keep falling down, I don't know if they're too small or what, but it's annoying to keep pulling up my pants. And, ironically enough, I can barely zip up my new maternity coat--nice, eh?
Sleep: Still varies. Some nights great, some I'm up for 20-60 mn in the middle of the night. I get up about 2-3x to go to the bathroom and that's getting more of a chore just to roll out of bed. I feel like a rolly-polly doll. When I was off around the holidays, I was able to nap once/day--so lovely and nice!
Best Moment of the Week: Not having to work (vacation time) around the holidays. So nice to be able to rest and nap and get stuff done for the baby (visit daycares, buy more stuff, get the nursery ready, put together baby items (swing, crib, etc).
Movement: Oh yeah--no more light kicking. Now, I get the occasional jabs, but more often, I feel (s)he move around since (s)he is getting bigger and less room in there, so I sure feel it! The u/s showed us that the head was down, but I have a permanent lump on my right side and sometimes it pokes out way to abnormally (it's the feet).
Food Craving: Fruit and light food (what I call summery food), like fruit, yogurt, cereal, eggs, etc). I also drink milk and juice a lot!!!
Food aversions: Nothing that I can really think of, but sometimes random smells get to me--like jerky. Also, not really in the mood for heavy food.
Morning sickness: Nope (crossing fingers)
Labor Signs: No. Not even any braxton hicks. (good!)
Belly Button: It's officially out! Really noticed it NY day when I was with friends and had a tighter t-shirt on.
Stretch Marks: I'm not sure--it looks like I have a reverse linea nigra (above the bb, not below!) I can't see below my bb, so I don't know if I have any there.
Wedding rings: Haven't worn them since my last update. I took them off right before my shower and haven't even wanted to try to put them on. With the way my fingers feel like sausages, I know there's no way they'll fit. I was going to try to buy some fakes, but haven't gotten around to it and not sure if it's worth it now with so little time left.
Swelling: Oh yes--really started noticing this in the past two weeks or so. My shoes are really tight and like I said, my fingers feel like sausages (esp in the middle of the night/first thing int the morning.)
Exercise: I did yoga one time over the holidays, but have no energy to do anything. Just doing stuff around the house and work and all gets me tired and winded, so I don't want to push it.
What I miss: Wearing my rings, being able to bend over normally, getting out of the bed and off the couch without help and/or w/o rolling off, and drinking diet soda.
What I love: Besides being pregnant, the fact that others finally notice that I'm pregnant and ask me about it (when I'm due, do we know what we're having, etc.) I love the attention. =) Also I love that Joel makes me rest and take naps. I love planning and dreaming of LO coming soon and wondering how different our lives will be.
What I'm looking forward to: Getting everything ready for LO, but everyone says you're never ready!
Weekly Wisdom: I'm trying to milk this pregnancy as much as I can since it's going so fast!!!
Milestones: I'm due one month from today!
I had my local shower a few weeks ago and had such a good time with everyone. The hostesses did such a great job and P's house looked amazing. Everyone was so generous! Ironically, I didn't get many clothes, so I'm trying to find the best deals and the best sizes for LO--who knows how big (s)he'll be???
Size: Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.


Update on the birth class: It went well and there were a lot of couples due when we are. I hope that I don't have to share a recovery room! I'm not as scared of L&D, just more apprehensive. I'll just leave it in God's hands.

As for my checklist, I was able to visit 3 more daycare facilities and we just need to decide which one we want to use, I found our pediatrician (she spoke at our birth class and is in the same practice that two good friends go to and recommend), we got the nursery painted and it looks great!, we got our crib and chair put together (I'll post pics soon), bought our mattress, cleaned/ironed the bedskirt, and got a lot of stuff for post birth (diapers, wipes, stuff for me, etc). Now, I just need to finish cleaning out the nursery and put all items away, buy more baby clothes, buy more nursing pjs/outfits, do more wash, clean out the nursery closet, and pack our (mine and baby's) bags for the birth, and figure out the breast pump! (Plus, tie everything up at work.)
Uff da--comparing this to my last post, I guess I have gotten a lot done this past 3 weeks--yea me!

No comments:

counter