Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, November 1, 2009

26 weeks and sick

Well, if it's not one thing it's another. Since last Tuesday, I've come down with a bad cold/cough. And, being pregnant, I'm a bit more concerned about my health than I was pre-pregnancy due to carrying another being. So, I don't drug myself up as much as I normally would which means that it's hitting me harder than normal. Esp. when I cough. I have these racking coughs that J and I are concerned must affect LO with the jarring. I'm coughing so much and so violently that my side muscles are all sore and ache. The doc says it's fine for the baby and that it's viral, so I just need rest. After 5 days, I still have a cough, but now it's moved into my sinuses and throat...fun. I've been permitted Robit. DM and Tylenol, but I'm trying to take that judiciously since about 15 mn after taking the DM, the baby goes into gymnast/hyper mode kicking and jumping and having a heyday in my uterus. Poor thing....
As for other affects, now I get faint easily and have had a few minor incidents when I cough and sneeze--the joys of pregnancy (and I love it--really!!). I'm starting to have more back pain as well and am sore when I sleep. Also, J has been sick as well, but with the flu, so it's been a real joy around our house.
It's hard to be sick and rest since I have so much that I need to do w/LO coming soon (just 3 months!!). However, I'm trying to take it in stride and just get better, esp. since in a few months I won't have the rest time that I have now.

How Far Along? 26 w 2d
Total Weight Gained/Loss? With being sick, I'm sure I've lost weight since I have no appetite.
Maternity Clothes: Oh yeah....I can still wear some shirts, but prefer mat. since they're longer and need to cover the belly and the top of maternity pants.
Sleep: I'm up about every 4 hours, but am assuming it's due to my cold.
Best Moment of the Week: Feeling the hiccups for the first time last week. Haven't felt them since, but what an experience!
Movement: Oh yes--LO is sure active. Last night (s)he was making themselves known by pressing against my skin and making weird pressure and bumps against my outside--very weird sensation! Like said before, the drugs must affect the baby as well since (s)he gets real active when the drugs must hit him/her.
Food Craving: Eggs, again, probably due to my cold. Don't worry, as much as I'd love eggs over easy, I'm playing it safe with only scrambled eggs.
Morning sickness?- No, thank goodness!
Labor Signs- None yet...hopefully not for another 9 weeks!
Belly Button- Still in, but pushing it's way out.
What I miss-Being healthy
What I'm looking forward to- Getting rid of this cold and going to Phx in a few weeks. Weekly Wisdom- God has a plan for us...we just have to trust in that plan. I'm stealing this from another blog, but believe it as well!
Milestones- At the end of my 2nd trimester. It's going too fast!!!!


FYI...baby is now the size of an english cucumber (?!?)

No comments:

counter